Finance Director: Busse for Montana
The Busse for Montana gubernatorial campaign is seeking an experienced candidate for the position of Finance Director. This is a senior staff position under the direction of the Campaign Manager. This is a department head role, which will include hiring and managing an in-house finance team likely to include a National Fundraiser, Deputy Finance Director, and Finance Assistant.
This job is full-time and in-person, with a home office option through June 2024, based in Kalispell, Montana. This job will require evening and weekend hours.
Compensation will be between $8,000/mo. – $9,000/mo., depending on experience and include:
- 7 floating federally recognized holidays between November 2023 – November 2024 ● Accrued paid time off at .5 days/month after eight weeks of employment
- $ 75-month healthy living stipend
- One-time $200 home office set-up stipend
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Healthcare plan option
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until filled. The ideal candidate will be able to begin work no later than January 2, 2024.
Background: Ryan Busse is a Democratic former gun manufacturer executive who is running for Governor of Montana against Greg Gianforte. Ryan has seen firsthand what unchecked extremism can do and is standing up to keep it out of Montana. He is a business leader, Montana dad and avid outdoorsman who wants his kids to grow up the way he did – with equal opportunity, freedom and a deep sense of responsibility.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Writing, implementing and executing an aggressive finance plan with a total raise goal of over $3M into Busse for Montana and approximately $500,000 into the coordinated campaign, tracking fundraising metrics across call time, events, institutional sources and online fundraising while identifying departments that need improvement with solutions to do so
- Hiring and managing an in-house finance team, likely to include a Deputy Finance Director and Finance Assistant, and overseeing & managing predetermined National Fundraising Consultant
- Working directly with Campaign Manager, third-party finance consultants, and outside digital fundraising consultants to manage the finance department
- Reporting fundraising metrics to and working with the Democratic Governor Association’s national finance desk
- Building and maintaining relationships and communications with major donors in state as well as the national level
- Management and oversight of an effective call time system
- Manage donor databases, including data entry, reporting and maintenance
- Manage and produce top-tier fundraising and outreach communications
- Manage an aggressive events schedule, including invitation design, guest list management, onsite logistics, and event follow-up
Desired qualities and skills:
- At least two cycles of finance experience on a Democratic campaign or related organization; statewide experience is preferred
- Experience hitting fundraising goals with a $2,000 contribution cap
- Experience in managing an effective finance team through excellent communication, motivation, and management style
- Proficiency in NGP
- Prior experience with CRM such as CallTimeAI or Grassroots Analytics
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, with the ability to engage with new people regularly
- An intrinsic motivation to see and do what it takes to get Ryan Busse elected
- Positive and growth-oriented mindset; eager to give and receive professional feedback ● Intermediate-level or greater experience with Excel/Google Sheets and Canva
- Hold to the Busse team value of “work hard, play hard”
*Busse for Montana is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity. That means the campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age (18 and over), disability, veteran status, HIV status, crime victim status, physical or mental condition, or any other basis prohibited by law.*
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your resume to Emily Harris by clicking the link below and put “Deputy Finance Director Application” in the Subject Heading.